IPF 2.0 milestone 2 (release notes)
- IPF Runtime 2.0 milestone 2 (release notes)
- IPF Manager 2.0 milestone 2 (release notes)
- IPF IDE 1.0 milestone 2 (release notes)
IPF 2.0 milestone 2
This release is feature-equivalent to IPF 1.7.0 but runs on Camel 2.0. Users who plan to upgrade to IPF 2.0 or Camel 2.0 in the near future are highly recommended to use this milestone release. Please note that IPF 2.0 is not backwards-compatible to IPF 1.x. This is mainly due to non-backwards compatible API changes in Camel 2.0. It is therefore important to carefully read the Camel 2.0.0 release notes as well as the IPF 2.0-m2 upgrade notes.
With the release of IPF 2.0-m2 and IPF 1.7.0, IPF 1.x development will go into maintainance mode and new features will be developed on the IPF 2.0 development branch. We leave it open whether to backport selected IPF 2.x features to IPF 1.x. Please add any backport requests to the IPF issue tracker.
Other changes compared to IPF 1.7.0 are:
- The platform manager has been moved to the IPF Tools project.
- The IPF OSGi distributable (IPF runtime) and the IPF OSGi documentation have been moved to the IPF Tools project.
- The HL7-independent parts of the mapping service have been factored out into a new commons-map component.
- The IPF 2.0 documentation has been forked from the IPF 1.7 documentation and revised.
IPF Runtime 2.0 milestone 2
The IPF Runtime is an IPF distribution that is running on the Equinox OSGi platform. It is available as Eclipse plugin or as standalone package. The runtime is used to develop OSGi-based IPF applications.
IPF Manager 2.0 milestone 2
IPF Manager is an Eclipse application for managing IPF services and applications. It is available as Eclipse plugin or as standalone package. In its current state it provides a flow management user interface and a general-purpose JMX client. The IPF Manager is compatible with IPF Runtime 2.0-m2.
IPF IDE 1.0 milestone 2
The IPF IDE supports developers in creating, testing and packaging IPF applications within the Eclipse plugin development environment (PDE) on top of the IPF runtime. The IPF IDE is compatible with IPF Runtime 2.0-m2.